There is so much to do in Sunset Beach it is one of the most beautiful places in North Carolina. Here are the top ten must things you must do if you are in Sunset Beach.
- Visit the Beach of Course! – Southern N.C. beaches are breathtaking and have been named the third best beaches in the nations. Southern Living noted Sunset Beach as a great place to find a quiet beach near Myrtle. The beaches here are full of powder white sand and have calm surf, a perfect setting for families.
- Kindred Spirit Mailbox– This is a fun and quirky thing to do on the west end of Sunset Beach on Bird Island. Since the seventies people have been leaving letters with their hopes and dreams and wishes in the mailbox to send off to the great kindred spirit.
- Summer Concerts– Bring your lawn chair down to the beach and enjoy a free concert on a Wednesday night! What better way is there to get through the midweek slump? Listen and dance to the sounds of fun cover bands playing in the Gazebo on the mainland at Village Park. Show starts at 6:30.
- Ingram Planetarium– This is a state-of-the-art planetarium where visitors can come and learn about the wonders in the night sky and the universe. Check out the hurricane simulator, laser light shows, sky theater shows, and lots of kid’s activities. Visit the planetarium website here http://museumplanetarium.org/
- Turtle Watching– Every year at Sunset Beach the sea turtles come ashore to lay eggs and it is an amazing thing to experience! Sunset Beach has several volunteer organizations that come out to help the magnificent creatures. They help by walking the beaches looking for nests, cleaning beach debris, and helping hatched babies back to the sea. These organizations are always looking for new volunteers it’s a great way to get involved in the community and meet new people.
For more information on living in Sunset Beach or finding a great Sunset Beach, NC homes browse our website or contact us anytime!