Sunset Beach is a beautiful place to be on the 4th of July. There are many fun activities to do all around in neighboring areas just minutes from Sunset Beach. Here is what is going on in nearby Southport for 4th of July weekend 2015:
Each Year the Southport Community puts on what they call “North Carolina’s 4th of July Celebration.” The focus is on traditional activities to celebrate the nation’s won independence and freedom. Each year Southport sees a flux of people from all over coming to celebrate our country’s freedom.
The Southport-Oak Island Chamber of Commerce hosts the July 4th Festival in Southport. Traditional activities at this festival usually include:
- Hundreds of local handmade arts and crafts on display
- Fair food in all forms
- Main Stage Entertainment with views of the Cape Fear River behind – featuring best beach, top 40’s and country bands each evening.
- A patriotic parade representing main street USA and televised on WECT TV6
- A Naturalization Ceremony
- Veterans Recognition – ceremony honoring the sacrifices of our armed service personnel who have served and paid for our freedom
- Flag Retirement Ceremony – a ceremony that allows residents and visitors an opportunity to properly dispose of their USA flags
- Beach Day – highlighting the activities popular at Southport’s neighboring beach community Oak Island – with volleyball, shag contests, and more
- Freedom Run & Walk – a run/walk event put on to encourage healthy lifestyles in the community
- Children’s Entertainment & Games – traditional fun games including sack races and watermelon eating contests that the kids will love
For information on the 2015 4th of July Festival, please visit www.nc4thofjuly.com
For more information on what is happening in and around Sunset Beach and Sunset Beach NC real estate please browse our website or contact us anytime!